Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


I don't normally have much time to read during the week, but I gave up TV on Monday night and read a ton to start and finish this book.

If you haven't read Hush, Hush you may want to stop reading here. Crescendo is the sequel to Hush, Hush and Nora, Patch and Vee are back. It has been two months since Patch and Nora have been an item and things are going well. However, Patch seems to be spending a lot of time with Marcie, whose main goal in life is to make Nora's life miserable. When Nora confronts Patch, he cannot explain his reasons. There is a lot that Nora has to put up with since Patch is a fallen angle turned guardian- but this seems too much. Nora tries to cut Patch out of her life, but it is very difficult since she is so drawn to him.

Like Hush, Hush- there is a lot of tension between Patch and Nora- which is a big draw. There are places in the story that I found a bit over the top and unrealistic, however, the relationship between Patch and Nora kept me interested in seeing where it was all heading. The ending, like all the Twilight books has Nora in a situation where her life is at risk- which made it very compelling to read. I find all of the discussion about Nephilim, Black Hand and the different bloodlines to be quite confusing. However, I just skip over that part and try to figure out who the good guys are and who the bad guys are- it doesn't really matter to me why they are good and bad- I'm just along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment