Monday, May 20, 2013

Legend by Marie Lu

This book has been sitting on my shelf for almost a year. I am not sure why I haven't read it yet, dystopian novels are my all time favourite books. Today was a great day to sit outside and read for the whole day. Legend is the story of two people, June, who is a rich Republic military prodigy. She has been at university for 3 years now and at 15 she is set to become the youngest leader of this society. Day is also 15 and he comes from the poor sector. He has been away from home fighting to make sure his family stays safe while trying to survive on the streets. June and Day are two unlikely friends, but through a series of events, the two meet and slowly they both start questioning what the government has told them and the truth will shock them both. I enjoyed reading this book. Like most dystopian novels it takes a few chapters to learn about the society and the way this world is different from ours. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series as soon as I can get to the book store.

No comments:

Post a Comment