Saturday, May 17, 2014

Maybe I Will by Laurie Gray

Maybe I Will is a powerful story about how one event can change a persons life and the courage and strength it takes to recover from something. The main character in this story is Sandy. Sandy has two very close friends and the three of them do everything together. But one night something happens to Sandy and suddenly, things have changed between these friends. The story is about how Sandy tries to move forward in life. I'm finding this review a bit challenging to write, because of information that is revealed on the last page, after the story has been told. I would highly recommend this book- but I'm not sure it is appropriate elementary students. High school students for sure. I would suggest adults read this book first before giving it to their students. I can see this book being used in a literature circle because the discussion would be incredibly rich and diverse. All I can say is that I enjoyed reading it as an adult, and know that I want someone else to read it so I can talk to them about it.

1 comment: