Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Rule of Three- Fight for Power by Eric Walters

The first thing I have to say is that Eric Walter's really should know better than to publish a high anticipated novel during report card time. I picked this book up this week and couldn't get anything done until I finished it. The second thing I have to say is if you haven't read The Rule of Three- you need to do that first! Fight for Power starts off exactly where Rule of Three ends. This book was even more exciting than the first book, picking up just after Adam's community has thwarted an attempt on their safety. But what that battle taught the people of Eden Mills is that life really has changed. It is now not just about growing enough food, or finding fresh drinking water, but about protecting the community from outside forces who want what Adam and his neighbours have worked so hard to create. This need to keep the community safe means that ordinary citizens must now be trained to use force when necessary, but not everyone agrees about the best way to keep the community safe. Adam really struggles with what all of this means, he isn't sure if he is cut out for violence, but recognizes the need for it. Everyone living within the walls of Eden Mills must learn how to adjust to this new way of life and to make decisions they never thought they would have to make. I LOVED this book! I couldn't put it down and I can't wait for the next one to come out. I know that tomorrow I am going to have to have a draw to see who gets to read this first in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment